Raul Saad's Background
Raul Saad's Experience
Professional Coaching at
Raul Saad has had a long and distinguished coaching career in which he successfully coached every level of players, from beginners to some of America's most promising Juniors, as well as players competing in the ATP & WTA Tours.
Raul Saad has coached hundreds of players with State, Sectional, National and World rankings and has excelled at every level of coaching:
1.At the Junior level he coached 48 State Champions, over 250 players with National ranking, a USA Junior Davis Cup Member, 2 Orange Bowl Champions (World Championship), and 2 Juniors who achieved an ITF ranking of #1 in the World.
2.At the Collegiate level he coached the #1 ranked doubles team in the USA, coached two different teams to a top 10 National ranking, and coached 15 Collegiate All Americans.
3.At the professional level he coached 22 ATP and WTA World ranked Professional players, including 2 different Australian Open Doubles Semifinalist, and an Argentinean Davis Cup player.
He achieved direct coaching wins over several top 10 world ranked players.
Due to his coaching experience and success, Raul Saad was honored by being selected as a US National Coach to travel internationally with the National Team representing the USA in international competitions.
Additionally, Raul has coached in the Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon, US Open and most other major ATP & WTA professional championships.
Tennis Industry Service at USPTA, PTR, and Reebok National Speakers Bureau
| Nationwide & Worldwide
- USPTA National Committee Member - Job Market
- USPTA National Committee Member - Multicultural
- USPTA Member of the Board - Middle States
- USPTA Vice President - Middle States
- USPTA President - Delaware Division
- USPTA Educational Committee Chairman - Middle States
- USTA NTRP Grievance Committee - Delaware
- USTA National Clinician
- USPTA & PTR Faculty - Conducted Seminars at National Conventions
- Member of the Reebok National Speakers Bureau
- Chairman, Education Committee, USPTA Middle States
- USPTA Head Tester, Middle States
- USPTA International Tester and Translator
Publications, TV Programs & Videos at Various
• USPTA's national magazine, Dec, 2009 “The 3 Ls on a World Class Forehand”
• Somos Magazine, October 2007, “Qualities of Leadership” (in Spanish).
• USTA High Performance Newsletter, 2001 “Right eye dominance and its influence in playing style.”
• USTA national magazine, March 2001 “Move up a level.”
• Contributed to the USTA video "Complete Conditioning for Tennis”, 1999.
• USPTA's national magazine, February, 1995 “Informed Teaching Professionals.”
• USPTA’s national magazine, February, ’1994 “Tennis Elbow.”
• Produced & hosted weekly TV program "Between the Lines" with an audience of 500,000 people, 1994.
• MSPTA Newsletter, October, 1993 “Enhancing Your Professional Image.”
• MSPTA Newsletter, October, 1994 “Obtaining Your Dream Job.”
• Tennis Magazine, March, 1992 “Open Your Fingers Like a Rose.”
• Tennis Magazine, October, 1993 “Quick Feet, Slow Hands.”
• Conducted television “Weekly Tennis Tips” series, summer 1994.
Awards & Recognitions at Various
* 2011 Winner of the USPTA "National Club Manager of the Year."
* 2011 Selected faculty, instructing a USPTA "Specialty Course."
* 2009 Inducted into the SBU "Collegiate Hall of Fame."
* 1999 Selected USPTA "National Touring Coach of the Year."
* 1997 Selected "USA National Team Coach," coaching the US National Team in International Competitions.
* 1995 Selected one the Youngest USPTA "Master Professionals" (less than 1% of Pros world wide achieve MP).
* 1995 Winner of the USPTA "Sectional Tester of the Year."
* 1993 Awarded the USPTA "Sectional Professional of the Year."
* 1993 Winner of the USPTA "National Seminar Contest."
* 1992 Inducted into the KHS "High School Sports Hall of Fame."
* 1991 Winner of the USPTA "Sectional Touring Coach of the Year."
* 1990 Selected USPTA "Sectional Rookie Professional of the Year."
* 1987 Graduated from the Masters program with Academic Honors (University of Tennessee).
* 1987 Voted President of the Graduate Student Association.
* 1987 Selected to the Graduate Academic Honor Roll.
* 1986 Selected to the Graduate Academic Honor Roll.
* 1985 Selected Collegiate First Team All-America
* 1985 District Champion
* 1984 Collegiate US National Champion
* 1984 Selected Collegiate First Team All-America
* 1984 District Champion
* 1983 Selected to the Collegiate "All-Star Team."
* 1983 District Champion
* 1982 Selected Collegiate First Team All-America
* 1982 District Champion
* 1981 Oregon High School State Champion (undefeated)
* 1981 Selected "High School All-America."
Raul Saad's Education
University of Tennessee
Master of Arts, Linguistics and Literature
Activities: Tennis Team Coaching
Southwest Baptist University
Bachelor of Arts, Business and Psychology
Activities: University Tennis Team
National Champions 1984
USPTA (United States Professional Tennis Association)
Concentration: Completed 75 continued education courses
USTA (United States Tennis Association)
USTA (United States Tennis Association)
Sports Science Testing
Activities: Completed all levels succesfully.
USTA, USPTA & PTR
USA High Performance Coach
Activities: Certified as a USA High Performance Coach by all of Tennis governing bodies.
Certifications and Memberships
Activities: •Walt Disney Company - Management Efficiency Seminar.
•Ritz Carlton - Quality Management Workshop.
•Landmark Education - Completed the Full Curriculum
•Club Managers Association of America (CMAA) Professional.
•CCM Designation - Actively engaged in obtaining the designation.
•Professional Tennis Coaches Association (ATP & WTA Tour coaches).
•US Olympic Committee's "Code of Ethics" for coaches.
•NTRP Rater and Verifier.
•Certified General Contractor.